If have login problems remove cookies and clear browser cache.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Geminids
12-14-2013, 08:43 AM
The Geminids
Damn for the first time i have seen a couple of meteor showers called "The Geminids" flying above me about an hour ago. They looked like flying stars with tails that twinkled. It was really beautiful and shocked me quiet a bit. Would have taken a picture but i was too late, didn't had my phone with me. Have anyone seen it? :-)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2013, 09:03 AM
RE: The Geminids
Wow! Whats is your country vamp? I hope it come to indo! Haha
12-14-2013, 09:15 AM
South Africa. It was daylight just when the sun came up. I was drinking coffee when i saw it. Quickly went to fetch my Android phone, when i came back it was gone. Maybe tonight i'll see it again
12-14-2013, 03:01 PM
It came to Nigeria...man it was beautiful
Find all posts by this user
12-14-2013, 06:13 PM
(12-14-2013 09:15 AM)Vampire Wrote:  South Africa. It was daylight just when the sun came up. I was drinking coffee when i saw it. Quickly went to fetch my Android phone, when i came back it was gone. Maybe tonight i'll see it again

Wait your pic, catch it bro! And share here! :-D :-)
12-15-2013, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2013 02:17 PM by Vampire GraN.)
Moon was getting too bright here last night it reduced meteor brightness so i went to sleep. And again at same time this morning too much clouds. And started to drizzle rain afterwards. It is over now the meteors are gone..you can check some pictures taken by others from NASA website. Next year again 14 December 2014 between 3:00AM - 5:00AM GMT the Geminids meteor showers will be close to Earth in all countries. Be sure to check it out in the sky next time ;-)
12-15-2013, 03:31 PM
Bro, are you talking about this [Image: image_mini]
Find all posts by this user
12-16-2013, 07:22 AM
(12-15-2013 03:31 PM)JUBAER-366 Wrote:  Bro, are you talking about this [Image: image_mini]

Yes but thats not what iv seen. I saw it in early morning at 5:52 AM SAST (3:52 AM GMT) as NASA announced they will be visible from 4:00AM GMT. The sun already came up a bit here when i saw three of it traveling together. Those three meteors looked like stars and their tails twinkled. They were traveling fast, just the same speed as a plane.