dedomil.net - Mobile Games Forum
Archiving J2ME games [Edited, games found!] - Printable Version

+- dedomil.net - Mobile Games Forum (http://dedomil.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Section (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Off Topic discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Archiving J2ME games [Edited, games found!] (/showthread.php?tid=4227)

Pages: 1 2 3

Archiving J2ME games [Edited, games found!] - nkzn64 - 12-26-2017 06:04 PM

[EDIT]
I finally found the files! They are among the first J2ME games made. I've attached them here, you can try them on J2ME Loader. Thanks for your help!
Thank you!
[/EDIT]

Hello!

I'm working on an historical preservation project of early mobile phone games. Nowadays J2ME is (almost) dead and most people have lost interest on it. Many of the big websites which offered cell phone games have closed/are closing, and their collections are getting deleted. Most early java mobile games from 2002-2004 (like those) cannot be found anymore on the internet. For example, Gameloft's Block Breaker for Nokia 3410/6310i is now lost (Siemens version can still be found, but not the Nokia one) That's why I'm trying to save as much as I can from that era, mostly from websites and packs in file sharing services, to preserve the most we can.

I'm building an big archive of J2ME games/applications. I would appreciate any contribution you can do, specially files you may have downloaded before they disappeared or games/ packs of games for those early mobile phones. Most java games pack torrents are dead now(and many contain very interesting files), so if You had downloaded one and still have it please consider contributing it to me

Thank you!

Block Breaker screenshot:
[Image: bb1.gif]

RE: Archiving J2ME games - Dedomil - 12-26-2017 11:20 PM

6310i - 28KB
3410 - 33KB
still exists but nobody want because nobody have that devices and support only WML language.

RE: Archiving J2ME games - nkzn64 - 12-27-2017 02:31 AM

Thanks for answering Dedomil! I really like your wapsite, it haves an very good variety of games and everything is very well organised. Also, the pages are simple HTML, so they work well on everything you throw them at.

(12-26-2017 11:20 PM)Dedomil Wrote:  still exists but nobody want because nobody have that devices and support only WML language.

Yes, I know nobody is interested now on those ancient phones. But I'm an mobile phone collector, and I would also like to collect the avaiable software for them.

(12-26-2017 11:20 PM)Dedomil Wrote:  6310i - 28KB
3410 - 33KB

Whaaat? Where did you find them?

RE: Archiving J2ME games - Md Umar - 12-27-2017 04:20 PM

check my old website for some rare java games. there is some download problems in website in some games and that's why i am less active in website now a days, but still many games have working download links. There is a good collection of Best java games in my website.
maybe you can't download many games from there but you will know some best games.
http://only4gamers.ga

RE: Archiving J2ME games - nkzn64 - 12-28-2017 01:38 AM

(12-27-2017 04:20 PM)Md Umar Wrote:  check my old website for some rare java games. there is some download problems in website in some games and that's why i am less active in website now a days, but still many games have working download links. There is a good collection of Best java games in my website.
maybe you can't download many games from there but you will know some best games.
http://only4gamers.ga

Thank You!

RE: Archiving J2ME games [Edited, wanted games list] - Instandhaltung - 03-29-2018 03:22 AM

@nkzn64: What games have you found already? Those available on your site?
@Dedomil: I searched everywhere on your old site, but can't find anything. Are the games still available for Nokia? Are there other ones and how am I able to get them?

Thanks guys!

RE: Archiving J2ME games [Edited, wanted games list] - Dedomil - 03-29-2018 05:05 AM

That old files you can't found on site. I don't have any visits from these devices so games for this old displays I not uploading on site.

RE: Archiving J2ME games [Edited, wanted games list] - uz3r - 03-29-2018 06:05 AM

miki's world